This is a gorgeous recipe, using frozen organic berries from Waitrose, so something that can be made in the autumn and winter months, reminiscent of summer fruit gorgeousness. The berries are raspberries, blackcurrants and blackberries, with the addition with a topping of organic blueberries, so it is super nutritious, packing a powerful nutrient punch.
This is super quick and simple to make as well, and the addition of cocoa butter sets the filling to just the right consistency. Be sure to soak the cashews carefully or else the topping will be gritty. This is chock full of vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients and antioxidants, and a small serving goes a long way. I often serve with Eco-Mill single almond cream - which is just fabulous. You would never guess that this is dairy-free.
A delicious raw treat that is dairy-free, sugar-free, gluten-free and wheat-free. But this is not just a health-full treat, this is part of your diet, so enjoy.
Serves 8 - 10
400g organic mixed nuts - walnuts, brazils, macadamia
1 tbs organic black sesame
150 g dates
1 tsp vanilla powder
1/2 tsp salt
90 g organic cocoa butter
300 g Waitrose organic frozen mixed berries, defrosted (1 box)
zest and juice 1 organic lemon
zest and juice 1 organic orange
2 tbs raw honey
120 g soaked organic cashews
punnet organic blueberries for decoration
** 1 cup Healing Intent
1. For the base process the nuts, black sesame, dates, vanilla powder and salt in a Vitamix or quality food processor until slightly chunky.
2. Using a 8/9 in loose bottom spring form tin and press the mixture into an even layer on the bottom of the tin. Set aside.
3. For the topping melt the cocoa butter in a bowl set over a saucepan of hot/boiling water until it is clear. Do not overheat. If it gets too hot, set it aside until it cools down.
4. Process the cashews, zests, juices of lemon and orange, raw honey, defrosted fruit and process in a Vitamix or quality food processor until completely smooth.
5. Layer the topping over the nut base and smooth. Refrigerate for at least four hours before serving.
6. To serve top with the blueberries and serve with Eco-mill almond cream, if liked.
** Healing Intent: when cooking foods to heal the body it is important to set your intent. The best way to do this is imagine that you are cooking this dish for yourself or for someone you love who is very ill and that this dish is the only thing that will help in their healing. You will find that the way you handle the food will change, and will not only result in a better dish, but you will feel the food actually nourishing your body and spirit.